Bringing Observability to Customer Support Operations
Loopy is redefining the way businesses approach customer support operations, drawing inspiration from the concept of observability that has been successful in fields like software engineering and DevOps.
Observability, in its simplest form, is the ability to monitor and gain insights into the behavior and performance of a system or process. In the context of customer support, it means collecting, monitoring, and analyzing data in real-time to optimize support processes, policies, and tools that will ultimately enhance the overall customer experience.
Think of Loopy as the “Datadog for Customer Support”. Just as Datadog provides comprehensive observability and monitoring for IT and applications, Loopy delivers the same level of insights and control, tailored specifically for customer support operations.
Our customer support observability platform serves as a central hub for data aggregation and analysis. It collects information from various sources, including CRMs, human resource tools, WFM systems, QA platforms, and chatbots. All this data is consolidated in a single location, which we refer to as our Support Ops Data Lake.
The primary goal of Loopy is to provide a seamless user experience for different roles within the support organization. It achieves this through multiple channels such as the Loopy Chrome Extension, in which agents can easily interact with Loopy. This extension streamlines their workflow and allows efficient data access. On the other hand, there is the Agent Toolbar. Like the Chrome extension, the agent toolbar is embedded within the CRM, providing agents with quick and convenient access to Loopy’s capabilities. Automated Alerts is another channel. Loopy offers automated alerts through email and Slack, ensuring team leaders, and managers stay informed in real-time of the issues their teams experience, and finally, we have the Loopy Dashboard. For leaders, Loopy provides a user-friendly dashboard, often referred to as an “inbox for alerts.” This dashboard serves as a centralized control center where they can monitor and manage the support operation.
Loopy also integrates a variety of features to enhance support operations, including a centralized data warehouse, embedded interfaces, conversational software, AI skills, and a set of tools for tasks such as supervision, quality analysis, workforce management, and training. By bringing all these components together in one place, Loopy empowers support teams to streamline their work, improve efficiency, and make data-driven decisions.
Some of Loopy’s use cases include →
- Anomaly Detection: Observability is a radar for your customer support operation. It’s a way to automatically spot unusual events in the support system, such as sudden increases in customer complaints, unusually long response times, or issues with support tools.
- Work Avoidance: Observability in a support operation makes it easy to detect work avoidance, like when an agent consistently declines calls, by providing real-time monitoring, alerting, and performance metrics. This helps leaders quickly identify and address this inappropriate behavior.
- Tool Utilization: Observability allows you to keep a close eye on your customer support tools. It allows leaders to closely track how often and effectively these tools are being used by the support team, and also make sure they are functioning properly.
- Knowledge Base Optimization: Observability provides a real-time view of how your support team uses the information in the knowledge base, showing which articles or resources are frequently visited, and which ones may need updating or more visibility.
- Cost Tracking Analysis: Observability lets you keep a close eye on the costs of your support activities as they happen. This helps leaders understand their support operation’s finances, making it easier to manage costs, be more efficient, and save money.
- Voice of the Customer (VoC) & CSAT Analysis: Observability empowers businesses to gain insight into the customer experience, making it simple to spot trends, pinpoint issues, and find areas for improvement, helping shape customer-centric strategies and prevent customer escalations.
- Agent Performance Monitoring: Observability enables companies to track and evaluate agents’ performance, focusing on quality, adherence to scripts/guidelines, and KPIs such as customer satisfaction scores, first contact resolution rates, ticket volumes, etc.
- Chatbot Performance Monitoring: Observability provides a clear view of your chatbot’s performance. It helps view how often it’s providing accurate answers to customers, and where it may need improvements, allowing companies to adjust the workflow in order to deliver better customer experiences.
- Automated Customer Effort Score (CES) Tracking: Observability and AI together can help automate the process of calculating CES in those cases in which the customer did not respond to the survey, as it collects real-time data to assess how easy or difficult it was for the customer to resolve their issue.
- Voice of the Agent (VoA) & Agent Experience: Observability identifies anomalies, and once spotted, you can collect and analyze agent feedback to pinpoint specific challenges. This process results in improved training, reduced stress, better performance, and a more positive agent experience.
- SLA Monitoring: Observability, when integrated with SLA metrics can help identify situations in which contractual commitments may be at risk. When this happens, support teams can be alerted so they can focus on those tickets that are approaching SLA violations.
- Compliance Monitoring: Observability helps companies identify whether or not they’re following rules and regulations. It does this by constantly collecting data, tracking how well the support team is doing, and giving leaders a heads-up when something doesn’t look right.
In essence, Loopy serves as the Datadog equivalent for customer support operations, providing businesses with the same level of observability, monitoring, and data-driven decision-making capabilities to optimize customer support processes and enhance the overall customer experience. Embrace the power of Loopy to revolutionize your customer support operations today.